Electroplex takes the diminutive 6V6 out of the studio and headlong into the performance world with the revolutionary Rocket 42 “Chime Machine”! Using a quartet of 6V6 power tubes the ’42 delivers the power and grace to command the performance stage with 42 watts of punchy, chimey tone that is both surprisingly new and comfortably familiar.
Back in the 1950s the 6V6GT power tube was the tube of choice for manufacturers of small amps in the US. When they went to build higher-powered amplifiers they left the venerable 6V6 behind and instead used larger, more powerful tubes like the 6L6 family, or the 6CA7 or 7591. What they gained was the capability to build 50-120-watt amps; perfect for the demand for more power emerging in the early ‘60s.
But what was lost in the process was the distinct character of the 6V6 that guitarists loved! Specifically, the woody sparkle, or “chime”, that was unique to the 6V6 was given up in the name of more “loud”. Guitarists looking for that special sound found it in the classic small amps, but were limited to 20-22 watts for recording or practice applications. Until now!
The Rocket 42 Chime Machine establishes a new level of performance for 6V6 amps, delivering a combination of chunky punch and woody chime that few have ever experienced! The versatile Rocket 42 lets you precisely set the level of chime you want in your sound. Overdrive tones—from mild to raging—take on a distinctive 6V6 color, at power levels never heard before! And the 25-watt “low-power” setting provides a compressed response that you have to feel to believe!
Specs & Such:
- Output power: 42 watts, switchable to 25 watts.
- Standard Rocket features include 2 switch-selectable channels, each with unique tone circuits, 2 independent effects loops, selectable 16, 8 or 4 ohm operation, tube-driven spring reverb, and line-level output.
- Available in 1×12, 2×12, 2×10, 4×10 and 1×15 ‘combo’ configurations, and ‘head’ configuration.
- Cabinet configurations include 2×12, 4×12 and 4×10.
- Speaker options from Celestion, Jensen, Austin Speaker Works, Weber and Eminence.
- Standard cabinet finishes include black w/ wheat grille, burgundy w/ gold grille. Custom colors available.
Tone “Lightyears From Ordinary!”