For years players have coveted the classic “British” sounds of the great EL34 amps made in the UK from the 60s through the 80s. Honoring that history, Electroplex has lashed its high-performance Rocket preamp to a stout EL34 power section, creating a new generation “Brit-Rock” tone machine.
The Rocket 50-EL builds on the EL34 sound with the versatile front-end voicing of the Rocket 50 preamp. Two distinctly different channels offer a wide array of tone colors. The Rocket’s expanded gain control allows players to precisely tailor the amount of overdrive in their sound, as well as the overdrive threshold for expressive touch control.
The Rocket 50-EL also features Electroplex’s “Hi/Lo Power” switching, for operation at 50 watts or 35 watts. At the 35-watt setting the EL34s have a more-compressed response when pushed hard. This gives players the additional flexibility to blend the amount of overdrive in the preamp and output sections, for a broad range of overdrive tones and responses. The result is a powerful and versatile EL34 amplifier that brings exciting new voices and capabilities to the performance stage and recording studio
Specs & Such:
- Output power: 50 watts, switchable to 35 watts
- Standard Rocket features include 2 switch-selectable channels, each with unique tone circuits, 2 independent effects loops, selectable 16, 8 or 4 ohm operation, tube-driven spring reverb, and line-level output.
- Available in 1×12, 2×12, 2×10, 4×10 and 1×15 ‘combo’ configurations, and ‘head’ configuration.
- Cabinet configurations include 2×12, 4×12 and 4×10.
- Speaker options from Celestion, Jensen, Austin Speaker Works, Weber and Eminence.
- Standard cabinet finishes include black w/ wheat grille, red w/ wheat grille, and beige w/ burgundy grille. Custom colors available
Tone “lightyears” from ordinary!