The Rocket 50: The Classic Rocket Returns!
Our flagship Rocket 50 became an “overnight sensation” when it finished atop Guitar Player Magazine’s boutique amp shootout in the February 1997 issue. View the Guitar Player Rocket 50 Review. The 4×10 model they reviewed was dubbed “the Tyrannosaurus Rex of Bassmans” for its large, enveloping sound, and its creamy, chimey overdrive. From there the Rocket 50 went on to leave its mark around the world; on stage, in the studio, and in clubs of every description.
Now the Rocket 50 is back providing its unique mix of punch, drive and sting for a new generation of guitarists. And with the addition of Electroplex’s “low-power” mode, the Rocket 50 can operate at 35 watts, for a slightly compressed yet super sensitive response. Available in many configurations—from 1×12 to 4×10 combos and head & cab configurations—the Rocket 50 will give you an expressive edge and the inspiration to elevate your performance.
Specs & Such:
- Output power: 50 watts, switchable to 35 watts.
- Standard Rocket features include 2 switch-selectable channels, each with unique tone circuits, 2 independent effects loops, selectable 16, 8 or 4 ohm operation, tube-driven spring reverb, and line-level output.
- Available in 1×12, 2×12, 2×10, 4×10 and 1×15 ‘combo’ configurations, and ‘head’ configuration.
- Cabinet configurations include 2×12, 4×12 and 4×10.
- Speaker options from Celestion, Jensen, Austin Speaker Works, Weber and Eminence.
- Standard cabinet finishes include black w/ wheat grille, beige w/ burgundy grille. Custom colors available.